Nucleic Acids Shearing Kits and Buffers
Covaris offers kits and buffers developed to enable high-yield and high-quality extraction of nucleic acids. The DNA Shearing Verification Kits are designed to allow users to routinely verify the performance of their Focused-ultrasonicator instrument. Covaris DNA extraction buffers include our truSHEAR buffers, optimized for AFA technology mechanical shearing, and the truPOP buffer, developed for the extraction of high molecular weight (HMW) DNA and RNA from a variety of sample types such as bacteria, yeast, and whole blood.
truPOP® Cell Lysis Buffer
Designed for efficient lysis and subsequent extraction of RNA and HMW DNA from a range of microorganisms using AFA.
truSHEAR Buffer 11x, 500uL
truSHEAR Buffer optimized for AFA mechanical DNA Shearing. Formulated at 11x for DNA conditioning before processing.
DNA Shearing Verification Kit
Allows users to routinely verify the performance of their Covaris Focused-ultrasonicator.
Covaris Workflow Advantages for HMW DNA Extraction:
- Scalable: Process up to 384 samples in scanning mode on the Covaris LE220Rsc Focused-ultrasonicator
- Automatable: Integrate with liquid handlers to reduce total hands-on time
- Reliable: Efficiently lyse easy (bacterial cells) or difficult organisms (yeast)
- Robust: Improved yields and minimized degradation of extracted DNA
- Fast: Lyse 96 samples in less than 20 minutes