PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICY
This is the Covaris, LLC Privacy and Cookies Policy for the website hosted at www.covaris.com ("we","us" and "our site"). We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This Policy, together with our site's terms and conditions of sale and any other documents referred to in it set out:
- Information we collect about you
- Cookies and other technologies
- How we use your information
- Our promotional updates and communications
- Who we give your information to
- Where we store your information
- Child safety
- Payment processing
- How we protect your information
- How long we keep your information
- Legal bases for processing your information
- Your rights
- Changes to this policy
- Contact us
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
The Federal Trade Commission Act (15 U.S.C. §§41-58) (FTC Act) is a federal consumer protection law that prohibits unfair or deceptive practices and has been applied to offline and online privacy and data security policies. The FTC has brought many enforcement actions against companies failing to comply with posted privacy policies and for the unauthorised disclosure of data. If you believe you or your institution’s data or privacy has been compromised, please contact Covaris, LLC, 14 Gil Street, Unit H, Woburn, Massachusetts,
+1 781 932 3959
The Information we collect about you
We will collect and process the following personal data from you:
Information you give us
This is information about you that you give us directly when you interact with us.
- Information (such as name, email address, office/delivery address and telephone number) that you provide by completing forms on our site, including if you register as a user on our site, if you make a purchase through the our site;
- Information in connection with our account sign-in tool, your email and password details;
- Details of any purchases or requests made by you through our site;
- Communications you send to us, for example to report a problem or to submit queries, concerns or comments regarding the our site or its content.
You are under no obligation to provide any such information. However, if you should choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with certain services
Information we collect about you from using our site:
We will automatically collect information from you each time you our site. This includes:
- Technical information
- Information about your visit
- Technical information may include the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit may include the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouseovers), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number or social media handle used to connect with our customer service team.
Information we receive from other sources:
This is information we receive about you:
- If you use any of the other websites or apps we operate or the other services we provide.
- From third parties we work closely with.
In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data if we intend to share your data internally and combine it with data collected on this site. We will also have told you for what purpose we will share and combine your data.
We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, subcontractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, and search information providers). We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
The legal bases we rely on:
The law on data protection sets out a number of different reasons for which we may collect and process your personal data in certain circumstances, including:
We can collect and process your data with your consent.
- For example, if you have given your consent to receiving marketing material from us at the point we collected your information.
- We need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligations.
- For example, where you have provided us with your email address to receive our services, we will use this information in order to effectively deliver and communicate our services.
- If the law requires us to, we may need to collect and process your data.
- For example, we can pass on details of people involved in fraud or other criminal activity affecting us to applicable law enforcement.
- We may require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests.
How we use your information
We will use this information in our legitimate interests, where we have considered these are not overridden by your rights:
- identify you when you sign-in to your account;
- enable us to process and deliver any product orders placed by you through our site;
- verify payments made by you online through our site;
- enable us to provide you with the services, information and communication methods offered through our site and which you request;
- administer your account with us;
- analyze the use of our site and the people visiting in order to improve our content and services including research into our users’ demographics and tracking of sales data;
- send you information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us; and
- Internal research: Cookies (which are discussed further below) and the other information we automatically track are used to help us better understand how our audience uses our site as well as for internal research on users’ demographics and interests
Our promotional updates and communications
Where permitted by one of the legal bases above, we will use your personal information for marketing analysis and to provide you with promotional update communications by email about our products/services.
You can object to further marketing at any time by selecting the "unsubscribe" link at the end of all our marketing and promotional update communications to you or by sending us an email to [email protected]
Where Your Information is Stored
The data that we collect from you may be transferred, and stored at, destinations that are not subject to equivalent Data Protection Law. By way of example, this may happen if one or more of our servers are from time to time located in a country outside the USA or one of our service providers is located in a country outside the USA, including the Europe.
We may transfer your personal information outside the USA:
- In order to store it.
- In order to enable us to provide goods or services to you and fulfil our contract with you. This includes order fulfilment, processing of payment details, and the provision of support services.
- Where we are legally required to do so.
- In order to facilitate the operation of our group of businesses, where it is in our legitimate interests and we have concluded these are not overridden by your rights.
How long we keep your information
We retain personal data for 7 years or for as long as we are permitted by law. We may also retain aggregate information beyond this time for research purposes and to help us develop and improve our services. You cannot be identified from aggregate information retained or used for these purposes.
Cookies and other technologies
A number of cookies and similar technologies we use last only for the duration of your web session and expire when you close your browser. Others are used to remember you when you return to our site and will last for longer.
We use these cookies and other technologies on the basis that they are necessary for the performance of a contract with you, or because using them is in our legitimate interests (where we have considered that these are not overridden by your rights), and, in some cases, where required by law, where you have consented to their use.
The Cookies We Set
Our cookies are used for:
Essential session management
- Create a specific log-in session for a visitor to our website in order that the site remembers that a visitor is logged in and that their page requests are delivered in an effective, secure and consistent manner.
- Recognize when a visitor to the website has visited before; this means we can identify the number of unique visitors we receive to the website and allows us to make sure we have enough capacity for the number of users that we get.
- Recognize when a visitor to the website is a registered member.
- We may also log information from your computer including the existence of cookies, your IP address and information about your browser program in order to allow us to diagnose problems, administer and track your usage of the Services.
Customize elements of the promotional layout and/or content of the pages of the website for example by storing a country code and providing users with content relevant to their country
Performance and measurement
- Collect statistical information about how our visitors use the website(s) so that we can improve the website(s) and learn which parts are most popular to visitors
The Cookies Set by our Partners and Other Data Processors
We have several partners who also set cookies on our pages. These partners include companies that help us better understand how to serve you, companies that serve our house
ads, power the tools on our site, and companies that require cookies for their social applications to work. They include:
|_utmt||Used to throttle request rate.||Performance|
|_utmc||Not used in ga.js. Set for interoperability with urchin.js. Historically, this cookie operated in conjunction with the __utmb cookie to determine whether the user was in a new session/visit||Performance|
|PHPSESSID||To store a simple message when a form is submitted that can be displayed on a different page. For example, if an enquiry form is completed incorrectly, a message will be stored and presented to the user to indicate the errors in the submission. When an enquiry form is submitted successfully, a message is stored and presented to the user thanking them for their enquiry. No personal information is stored in this cookie||Performance|
|wordfence_verifiedHuman||Cookie set by the Wordfence Security WordPress plugin to protect the site against malicious attacks.||Site and Data Security|
|wfvt_||Cookie set by the Wordfence Security WordPress plugin which notes information about your general geographic location.||Performance|
|visitor_id||This visitor_id cookie includes the name “visitor_id” plus the unique identifier for your account which is derived from the tracking code placed on the Site. The value stored is the unique ID for the visitor. The cookie is placed by a third party: Pardot. Promethean uses Pardot to help track visitors to our Site.||Performance/ Analytics|
In addition to the cookies set directly by our partners, there are also cookies set by third parties to help deliver and monitor their ads. Please note we neither control nor have access to those cookies, and these advertisers’ uses of cookies are subject to their own privacy policies and not that of Covaris.
|Google Analytics||We use Google reporting tools and these cookies are used to measure site traffic and usage patterns.||Performance|
|Pardot||Pardot tracks visitor and prospect activities on our website and landing pages by setting cookies on their browsers. Cookies are set to remember preferences like form field values when a visitor returns to our site.||Advertising|
|Core Commerce||CoreCommerce utilizes cookies to recall personal information previously entered by a customer||Performance|
Disabling Cookies Removal
The effect of disabling cookies depends on which cookies you disable but, in general, the website may not operate properly if all cookies are switched off. If you only disable third party cookies, you will not be prevented from making purchases on our site. If you disable all cookies, you will be unable to complete a purchase on our site.
If you want to disable cookies on our site, you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How you can do this is set out below.
For more information about cookies including removing any or all of your cookies, please visit
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We will not disclose any information about individual users, except as described below.
- We may disclose aggregate statistics about visitors to our site, customers and sales in order to describe our services to prospective partners, advertisers, sponsors and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifiable information.
- We may disclose your personal information to any of our affiliates, or to our agents or contractors who assist us in providing the services we offer through our site, processing transactions, fulfilling requests for information, receiving and sending communications, updating marketing lists, analyzing data, providing support services or in other tasks from time to time. Our agents and contractors will only use your information to the extent necessary to perform their functions.
- In the event that we undergo re-organization or are sold to a third party, you agree that any personal information we hold about you may be transferred to that re-organized entity or third party.
- We may disclose your personal information if legally required to do so (for example if required by law or by a Court order or if we believe that such action is necessary to prevent fraud or cyber-crime or to protect our site or the rights, property or personal safety of any person). We will notify users of requests for their personal information prior to disclosure unless we are prohibited from doing so by law or by a court order.
We are committed to protecting your personal information. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control. For example, our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorized personnel have access to personal information.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
While we do our best to protect your personal information, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to external sites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such sites.
Changes to this Privacy and Cookie Statement
We may amend this Privacy and Cookie Statement from time to time. If we make any substantive changes to this policy, we’ll announce it on our site and notify you by email.
You have the right under certain circumstances:
- to be provided with a copy of your personal data held by us;
- to request the rectification or erasure of your personal data held by us;
- to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data (while we verify or investigate your concerns with this information, for example);
- to object to the further processing of your personal data, including the right to object to marketing (as mentioned in 'our promotional updates and communications' section);
- to request that your provided personal data be moved to a third party.
Your right to withdraw consent:
Where the processing of your personal information by us is based on consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent without detriment at any time by contacting us at [email protected] You can also change your marketing preferences at any time as described in 'our promotional updates and communications' section;
If your request or concern is not satisfactorily resolved by us, you may approach your local data protection authority, Information Commissioner is the supervisory authority in the US and can provide further information about your rights and our obligations in relation to your personal data, as well as deal with any complaints that you have about our processing of your personal data.
Website Terms and Conditions
Covaris Website Terms of Service
Sales Terms and Conditions
US Customers: Covaris, LLC Terms and Conditions of Sale
European Customers: Covaris Ltd. Terms & Conditions of Sale
Vendors: Covaris, LLC Purchasing Terms and Conditions
- by email to: [email protected] and;
- by post to: 14 Gill Street, Unit H, Woburn, MA 01801 US;
- by telephone to: +1 781 932 3959