Covaris is continually growing our team as we expand our product offering to support pre-analytical processes. Check out our current openings for opportunities to join our community.
Territory Manager: France & Belgium
- Posted:July 9, 2020
Covaris, Inc. (www.covaris.com) is a rapidly growing, profitable, privately-owned, technology company headquartered in Woburn, Massachusetts, USA and with European operation located in Brighton, UK. Covaris has developed a proprietary and patented Adaptive Focused Acoustics™ (AFA) technology platform which is utilized in sample preparation processes in the analytical and life sciences industries. In particular, Covaris AFA has become the Scientist’s Standard for DNA fragmenting in the Next-Gen Sequencing market. Covaris AFA is used by the largest and most productive genome centers worldwide.
Covaris AFA and other proprietary products have unique and competitive advantages for scientists working in Genomics, Proteomics and Chromatin research. The AFA technology enables very high-throughput pre-analytical processes in multiple research applications using our own set of instruments, consumables and reagents.
The employee may be required to perform all, or a combination of the following essential responsibilities as determined by business necessity.
If you like to work independently, but with the help and support from an experience team of sales and application specialist, we would be excited to welcome you in our group! This position is home based and reports to European Sales Manager.
- Lead the market development sales activities in assigned geography.
- Conduct and organize necessary territory planning for efficiency.
- Use your consultative selling skills to overcome and manage objections and negotiate to obtain sales.
- Maintain and develop actual installed base
- Build and maintain relationships with customers to meet and exceed revenue objectives.
- Liaise between Applications, in-house R&D and key customers to develop new applications and market opportunities.
- Build a healthy opportunity pipeline with short and medium terms components
- Develop a pipeline to meet or exceed Territory revenue objectives.
- Manage and grow accounts including industrial, research facilities, and universities.
- Able to manage projects to deliver results on time.
- Contribute to overall company growth by attending national or international conferences and exhibitions.
- Develop new business, grow existing business.
- Be actively involved in industry/customer organizations that impact business.
Non-Essential Responsibilities: In addition to the essential responsibilities listed above, the employee may be required to perform other non-essential functions. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Qualifications and Technical Skills:
- Bachelor of Science or post-graduate degree in the Life Sciences or similarly relevant field.
- Ideal candidate will have experience selling into the Next Generation Sequencing market or experience with sample preparation for proteomic methodologies.
- Intimate knowledge of relevant territory life science market and customers.
- Able to schedule and perform product demonstrations with applications specialists, if needed
- Perform product installations and provide user training.
Experiences and Abilities:
- Experienced sales professional with around five year’s scientific equipment sales experience.
- Ideal candidate will have experience selling instruments, automation and consumables that enable high-throughput technology and/or experience selling into the Next Generation Sequencing market or experience with proteomic methodologies.
- Experience selling into clinical markets a plus.
- Network and interface with internal colleagues to share information and best practices.
- Critical thinking skills, excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required, as well as the ability to prioritize tasks and timelines.
- Ability to work individually or in a team environment.
- Ability to effectively manage and travel in a large geography (40-50% travel)
Reasonable Accommodation: Covaris is committed to the spirit and the letter of the Americans with Disabilities Act. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate otherwise qualified individuals.